Welcome to Isanti County Pheasants Forever. We are a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to the protection and enhancement of pheasant and other wildlife populations in North America.
Our site is designed to inform our chapter members on current happenings, as well provide an opportunity to those who are interested in joining Pheasants Forever.
Our chapter is empowered to determine how 100% of our locally raised conservation funds are spent; the only national conservation organization that operates through this truly grassroots structure
- Started in 1989 with some of the same committee members active today!
- Partner with neighboring chapters to write a grant to acquire lands adjacent to wildlife management areas to increase available public hunting land.
- Partner with the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association and holds an annual predator hunt each January. Proceeds for this event go entirely to youth activities.
- Sponsor and hold fundraising events where the monies stay local. Over $250,000 have been spent locally to support our mission.
- Are committed to habitat and conservation. Since the chapter's inception, we’ve subsidized tree and prairie grass planning in East Central Minnesota.
- Initiated and supported the first ever competitive trap league for youth, partnering with Cambridge-Isanti Community Education.
- Adopted Kelly Lake Wildlife Management Area, Crooked Road Wildlife Management area and the Becklin County Park/WMA. We plant and maintain the food plots, providing hunting opportunities for the community. The Becklin County plot is open to physically impaired hunters.
- Are actively looking for land owners willing to set aside land for prairie grass planting.